Saturday, March 2, 2013

Be Silly, Be Honest, Be Kind... - Weekend Update

I've been on a little bit of an Emerson kick lately. I read 'The Old Man and the Sea in Jr. High and I just loved it. Since then I've bought several books by Emerson, but I haven't made time to read one. He's one of those authors I always theoretically love based on his quotes and essays, but I really need to pick up a novel sometime soon! Any recommendations?



I saw this quote on Pinterest today and it got me thinking. I'm really, really good at those first two things, but not always so great at the kindness part. How awesome that these six words can really capture the type of person I want to be. It can be so difficult to balance kindness with honesty, but this is a great reminder of how important it is. 


1 comment:

  1. I need to work on the "being silly". Emerson is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete