Monday, February 4, 2013

Neon Nails - Mani Monday


Starting the week off with a bang with this bright manicure. My sister Emma and I had a really fun movie night this weekend! We watched some great animated classics from our childhood and did each others nails. It seems that 1995 was the year of all of our favorite movies: The Thief and the Cobbler, Pocahontas, The Pebble and the Penguin, and The Swan Princess. 


I'm not a fan of bare nails and some polish, so I did a quick coat of Sally Hansen 'Shall We Dance'. It's a pretty ballet pink from the Complete Salon Manicure line, so I skipped a base coat.


Once the nails were super, super dry, we used scotch tape to make diagonal shapes along the nail. One coat of Milani 'Pink Hottie' was plenty to give the bright pink color I was looking for. Once it was dry I peeled off the tape, and there you have it!


 I wasn't a my house, so theses pics are pre-top coat, but I suggest adding one to smooth out the lines and give more longevity to your manicure. I truly love the look of pairing a neon color with a neutral, whether its clothes, shoes, makeup, or nails.


10 comments:

  1. Super fun and cute! Thanks for sharing :)

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog hopping - I've done this style in the past as well - nice colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this look! just need a truly hypoallergenic nail polish since i'm so allergic!

    :) popping by via tuesday's treasures and would love to have you visit my blog when you have a moment.

    smiles to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like!!! Love the nude look underneath...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank turned out great! I need to try more geometric nail art, thanks so much for linking up xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can never accomplish this hahaha!

    Tiff Ima
    http://stylehonestly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, Tessa! I like the half-and-half look. :) I just did some Valentine's Day nails if you care to check them out: ahumblebumble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute nails! I did a similar look a few weeks ago. :)

    Thanks so much for linking up to Makeup Monday! Hope to see you back again next week! :)

    ~Maria-Isabel
    www.agapelovedesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these fun nails!! Cute. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete