Friday, December 28, 2012

My New Years Resolutions

I love New Years Day. Despite my complete inability to write the correct date (am I the only one who has to re-write checks until AT LEAST March?) I love everything about the fresh start of a new year.

Especially in the midst of this dreary, stay-indoorsy weather!

I'm not usually one for New Years Resolutions, but I've had a few projects/ideas in mind that I really want to accomplish, and can't think of a better time than 2013 to get them done.

1. $10 Savings Plan
Have you heard of the $5 saving plan? It's really popular on Pinterest and the blogging world. The concept is that you save every $5 bill you come into contact with, for a splurge, big purchase, savings account, etc. It's supposed to be a creative way to save. I'm modifying it a little bit for two reasons. One, I've already started collecting tens, and two, because for some reason I've always really loved tens. Every since I was little I really hated to spend tens and would hang onto them as long as possible. They seem to come to me more rarely then ones, fives and twenties. But I only need half as many to keep up with the fivers!



2. Food Journal
I've been truly impressing myself with keeping up with my journaling as of late! I've always been an on-again off-again diary-keeper, but the last two years I've been diligent to carry my moleskine journals in my purse, and write/draw in them almost every day. I have a picture in my mind of the completed journals on a shelf in a few years time, just piled up and looking awesome. Anyways, I'm getting off topic. I really think keeping a food journal will help me keep track of my daily munching, and help me be a more nutritious shopper and eater. (If anyone's curious, this is the journal I use, I'm working on my fourth right now. Each a different color!)



3. Drink More Water
This one is simple enough. I really don't drink enough water. I can always tell how much better I feel when I'm adequately hydrated. (It's funny because the main time I really, truly get enough water is when I have a cold. I just guzzle it down to soothe my sore throat, and I'm always impressed with how clear my skin becomes and how much more energy I have!)




So there are my three big and small changes I'm making for 2013!
What are your New Year Resolutions?

2 comments:

  1. Tessa,
    I LOVE the $10 savings plan idea! I'm going to start my two teens on this (and myself) right away. Thanks for always linking up to Creative Thursday :) I'm featuring this post this week :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete