Sometimes you just need a little color in your life. I had these leftover sprinkles (from buying the wrong kind) and decided to use them to brighten up some simple sugar cookies. They turned out really yummy, so I'm sharing them with you!
Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 2 oz. jar rainbow decorating decors:
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat until combined and smooth.
2. In a small bowl, combine together the flour, salt and baking powder. Add to the mixing bowl and beat just until combined.
3. Pour the rainbow sprinkles into a bowl or on a plate. Roll about a tablespoon of dough into a ball then roll through the sprinkles. Place on a cookie sheet and repeat until done.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Yum! They're not super sweet, so they go perfectly with the whole sprinkle situation. The family I work for loved them, including the kids.
**Don't forget to enter my Christmas Cowl Giveaway, if you haven't already!