Monday, September 17, 2012

Salmon Salad - Monday Munchies

Recipe:
2 cups cooked, flaked salmon
4 hard boiled eggs
4 stalks celery, diced
1/2 onion, chopped
1/4 cup mayonaise
1 lemon, juiced
Salt and pepper
Dill to taste 



Do you know that you can "hard-bake" eggs? I sure didn't.
I put the eggs on a tinfoil layer (just in case) on top of the salmon, and just cooked them for the same about of time. It ended up being 20 min at 400 degrees, and they were perfectly done! It saved time, energy and myself from using an entire separate pot to boil the eggs.



Feel free to experiment with the "liquid" part of this recipe. I've had really yummy fish salad made with yogurt, olive oil, etc. Whatever you like the taste of best!


This lovely cutting board


So here's the prep part of the recipe:

Combine the celery, onion, mayo, and lemon juice. Chop the hard boiled eggs and add to the mix.


Flake the cooked salmon, add to the egg mixture, and season with the salt, pepper, and dill.


There you have it! I split the finished product and ate some with crackers. The other portion I mixed with baby spinach for a yummy salad. Such a nice, flavorful break from tuna salad sandwiches!


9 comments:

  1. Salmon salad! I love salmon! I bet this is amazing! New follower here! I would love for you to visit me and join my site as well!

    riversrecipereview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I just returned the favor, can't wait to read some of your recipes.

      Delete
  2. Sounds yummy! S fun to have you linked up today!
    Thanks!
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love salmon. Over from Link it up Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw your link on Happy Hour Projects. Pinning this. I love salmon so much better than tuna. Can't wait to try this recipe. PS I didn't know you could bake eggs in the shell! Go figure...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks DELICIOUS Tessa!! YUM!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know the egg trick.. very interesting great high protein salad. Thanks for sharing it on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delish! Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week. Have a great week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks wonderful!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete