Sunday, June 24, 2012

Weekend Update - Stash Busting Scrap Afghan

Weekend Update



Just wanted to show you guys a glimpse of what I've been working on. If you're anything like me, you can't bear to throw anything useful away. In an attempt to get rid of my hoarding tendencies, I'm giving my self until the end of the summer to either make use of some stuff - or get rid of it! One of my stash-busting projects is turning out to be really fun:


A scrap afghan. Perfect for using up all those leftover bits and balls of yarn that are too small for a complete project - and Lord knows I have a bin full.

I'm using only worsted weight yarn for a uniform look, but I've seen really cute blankets with textured and even fuzzy yarn. I'm 29 1/2 rows in currently, and I'm loving this fun and super colorful project. I'll post the pattern and a picture of the completed blanket (hopefully) soon!

11/20/2012
Update! Here's the finished product and pattern!

1 comment: