Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Nightstand DIY Remake


For the first time in a while, I've got a bedroom to myself! I grew up sharing with my sister, and then had roommates in college. I'm trying really hard to make cohesive bedroom look, something I'm not sure I've ever really had. When I inherited this piece from my friend who loved back home to Missouri, I thought it had a lot of potential to look great in my new and improved bedroom.





Like most hand-me-down or thrifted items, I have no idea of this nightstand's history. It's been painted several times, and I think there were some sort of stickers underneath that paint. Whatever was going on, there was a lot of texture on the surface of the drawers.


After pulling the drawers out, I saw that the nightstand itself was solid turquoise, it was only the drawers that were multicolored. So I decided to leave the nightstand alone - the color was really cute and matched my room!


I had grabbed these cans of glossy spray paint at Walmart a while back for $1 apiece. I ended up using less than a can for this particular project, which is great! I've got some more ideas in store to help tie my new room together, color-wise.


Here are the freshly painted drawers drying in the shade of my driveway. You can see how some of the aforementioned texture shows through, especially around the edges.


I found these 6 gorgeous drawer pulls/cabinet knobs at FindingMEVintage on Etsy. How cute are they? There were two of each type of flower, so I used one of each for my three drawers.


Voila! Here's the finished project. For right now I've filled it with craft and sewing supplies, and it's working gorgeously.


If you look close you can see my reflection in the drawer, the paint is definitely glossy! Stay tuned for more updaters on my bedroom makeover, and pictures of the nightstand in its final location.

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty, those colors are perfect together; and those knobs are SOOO cute.

    ReplyDelete