Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Snow White Mani Day 3 : Evil Queen

Sparkle Ombre Manicure How-To.


Here we have Day 3 of my Snow White themed manicure series, leading up to the release of "Snow White and the Huntsman" on June 1st. Today's look is inspired by the Evil Queen Ravenna, played by Charlize Theron in the upcoming film. This ombre tutorial will demonstrate how to create a contrasting sparkle manicure.





Oh, Charlize. I have such a major girl crush on you! She's definitely the biggest reason I'm excited for this movie. Her costumes look absolutely stunning! I took the theme of dark jewel tones and metallics, and created this DIY ombre manicure tutorial.


I failed to grab a picture of just the base coat, but I first gave my lovely assistant (and sister) a quick coat of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in 'Navy Baby'. Guys, I love this polish. It's so much prettier than in the picture of the bottle. And the color stays on forever. Really good buy. 


Second, I dabbed a bit of Ulta's "High Roller" on my work surface. I was using cardboard, you could use a paper plate or something similar.


With a cosmetic sponge, I edged the tip of the nails in gold, so it was an almost solid stripe along the front of the nail.


Next, with less polish on the sponge, I dabbed along the middle of the nail, creating gradual fade from gold to navy.


I love the contrast of the dark blue and shimmery gold! It looks very regal. I think it's a manicure worthy of a Queen =).


Stay tuned for more Snow White themed manicures!

8 comments:

  1. So cool! I've pretty much given up on painted fingernails - they don't last long enough. but things like this make me wanna try again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, and I love your inspiration!! Thank you for linking up with Mani Monday!

    xo,
    Heather @ Glitter and Gloss

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Pretty Pretty! looks great with the costume Charlize is in, such good inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from Wednesday Whatsits.
    You have captured the look of this character perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I love your interpretation of the inspiration! Did you like the movie?

    Here via Junk in their Trunk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo PRETTY!!!

    Thank you for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality! Can't wait to see what you link up this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how fun! I love that you are doing a series of manicures around the movie. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been features at Wednesday Whatsits! These nails are freakin' awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing. :)
    http://whitelightsonwednesday.blogspot.com/2012/06/wednesday-whatsits-13.html

    ReplyDelete