Monday, May 28, 2012

Snow White Mani Day 1 : Mirror, Mirror

Mirror Mani Tutorial



Welcome to Day 1 of the Snow White themed manicure series! I am pretty excited about the upcoming movie "Snow White and the Huntsman". My friend Jessie and I were talking about how awesome it looks and what we should wear when we go see it, and I was inspired to create some manicure ideas! 




I've drawn inspiration from many re-tellings of Snow White, from the Brother's Grimm classic to the newest film version. This particular polish idea is based on one of the coolest character in any adaptation: The Mirror. 




Begin by painting your nails a solid grey. I used Ulta's "Concrete Evidence". You'll see throughout this series that I'm a super big fan of Ulta polish (and not just because they had a sale last week for $2/bottle!)



Once the nails are VERY dry (I painted mine before bed and did step 2 the next day) you can tape 'em up! I taped mine vertically along the center of each nail, on different sides. You could tape them however you wanted, but I like how the the symmetrical look worked. It's very mirror-like.


After taping I used one coat of Hard Candy "Mr. Wrong". I usually would use a couple of coats of this polish, but I liked the color on top of the grey base.

Once it's dry, just peel off the tape and you're done! I couldn't really get the photos to capture the awesome shimmer of the top coat, and how well it contrasts with the matte of the grey polish. But I promise it looks really great in person.



There you have it! Stay tuned over the next few days for some new, Snow White themed, manicures!



2 comments:

  1. Love the color. I do hope you'll visit me at My Dream Canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun! Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete