Tuesday, May 8, 2012

How Tuesday : Painted Wooden Spoons



Here's a really simple, inexpensive craft that makes an awesome personalized gift! Spray-painted wooden spoons give you a really cute, cohesive look for less.




I found this bamboo spoon set on Amazon for $8, but this would work on any wooden spoons. I think it would be cute if they were mis-matched spoons in all the same color.


The paint colors I used were Krylon "White" "Banner Red" and "Bright Idea". This would be a really great way to personalize the spoons to match your kitchen, or the kitchen of the recipient if it's a gift.


Start by making sure your spoons are clean, with no residue from stickers or previous use if you're not starting with new spoons.


I taped around each spoon a couple of inches up along the handle. After I took this picture I added another row of tape higher up, just to be on the safe side.


They looked great after one coat, so I left it at that. You might prefer two, depending on how even the first one comes out. I placed them in between two nesting bowls to dry without touching anything.


After they dried I carefully peeled the tape off and voila!


They look so good! I think they would make an awesome present for a bridal shower, maybe tied with ribbon or in a crock from their registry. You could make them in colors to match their new kitchen.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! Just shared on our FB page! Thanks for joining us this week!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey lady! I just wanted to let you know I featured you on Blissful and Domestic today. Stop by and snag a button!

    Danielle @ Blissful and Domestic
    http://www.blissfulanddomestic.com/2012/05/lovely-features-4.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really cute. I like how you can make these to match the colors of your kitchen. Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday. I hope to see you at the next party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i made these for all the gals in my fam this christmas! so easy, but so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete